Recent Topics

Ads

What class to play?

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Amalvi

What class to play?

Post#1 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:42 pm

Hi there, I love warhammer fantasy and wanted to give this a try
I've always been a huge fan of chaos warriors and i was thinking of playing a Chosen or a Magus. However the "Getting started" post made by stmarrow says not to play those, but because that post is from more than a year ago I wonder if is it still is true

I'm really set on playing one of those two however, unless someone tells me there really isn't a point because there are too many already in the server

Another question, I know its a pvp game, but I'm also extremely interested in the pve aspects, are there dungeons and players running them too?

cheers

Ads
Xirucio

Re: What class to play?

Post#2 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:47 pm

Since you seem to be more interested in the Lore / PvE aspect, i would suggest to go with whatever stirs your boat in this regard. There is this fine tool called Tome of Knowledge which helps you keep a track of all your actions.Regarding the dungeons, i personally find them challenging enough to not be a boring experience and they seem to be quite rewarding aswell.
So, welcome aboard Chaos Warrior!

Cyrylius

Post#3 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:57 pm

Chosen is solid for solo, versatile and pretty easy, and you usually won't have issues finding a group. Magus is among the complicated classes to play and needs some practice to work with the mechanics (pet), however it's perfectly fine for doing the pve content, being decently survivable and doing good aoe and ST damage. You'll however have some issues finding a group.
If you are planning on doing any PvP go chosen, playing Magus in oRvR requires some knowledge and skill you can easily earn on other classes.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Sulorie

Post#4 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:33 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:57 pm Chosen is solid for solo, versatile and pretty easy, and you usually won't have issues finding a group. Magus is among the complicated classes to play and needs some practice to work with the mechanics (pet), however it's perfectly fine for doing the pve content, being decently survivable and doing good aoe and ST damage. You'll however have some issues finding a group.
If you are planning on doing any PvP go chosen, playing Magus in oRvR requires some knowledge and skill you can easily earn on other classes.
Yeah, nothing can go wrong with playing a regen chosen. You will make friends easily. :mrgreen:
Dying is no option.

Tillirage

Post#5 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:30 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:33 pm
Cyrylius wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:57 pm Chosen is solid for solo, versatile and pretty easy, and you usually won't have issues finding a group. Magus is among the complicated classes to play and needs some practice to work with the mechanics (pet), however it's perfectly fine for doing the pve content, being decently survivable and doing good aoe and ST damage. You'll however have some issues finding a group.
Yeah, nothing can go wrong with playing a regen chosen. You will make friends easily. :mrgreen:
Lets not corrupt his mind with that filth this early :mrgreen:

Martok

Post#6 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:02 pm

Amalvi wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:42 pmI've always been a huge fan of chaos warriors and I was thinking of playing a Chosen or a Magus. However the "Getting started" post made by stmarrow says not to play those...

Seriously? Two conditions are true about this server.

One, this a great game easily capable of being enjoyed at multiple levels run by people who donate their time in continued attempts to optimize the experience hosted on a server someone else pays for and we should all be grateful for the opportunity to play on it.

Two, regardless of what class you choose to play and regardless of what manner you choose to play it there will always be a small minority of Server-Karens attempting to destroy your experience and suck the life out of every game-related endeavor.

Play the class you want, the one you most enjoy, and have fun doing it. That in and of itself provides its own reward.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Amalvi

Post#7 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:22 pm

Alright, I decided to go with a chosen. Both sword and board or a bigass two handed weapon are really cool for me. I'll eventually give magus a try, but nevertheless I hope this will be fun

Tanski

Post#8 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:49 am

Chosen is the best overall snb destro tank, albeit very hands off as its value comes from passive auras. 2h chosen is surprisingly durable and cant output ok dmg.

Magus can have the highest single target or aoe dmg in the game, but is an extremely stationary class and is very dependent on uptime from demons which often get targeted.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Ads
dmkanz

Post#9 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:39 pm

i am thinking about playing Black Orc. Is that a good new player class