Recent Topics

Ads

Played the original, time to come back

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
waza

Played the original, time to come back

Post#1 » Fri May 07, 2021 3:25 am

Hi All
I played the original Warhammer Online at launch for a few years. It is the only MMO I ever really got into and leveled characters up significantly.
My main characters were a Black Orc and a Squig Herder, that I got to max and near max level. Before I finished I started a Witch Elf and a Warrior Priest to start exploring the other PVE areas from low level. I never got very far with with either so now I am downloading again I am thinking of going back to try one of these.

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: Played the original, time to come back

Post#2 » Fri May 07, 2021 4:10 am

Welcome to RoR! Hope you enjoy and both witch elf and warrior priets are great choices. Warrior priest you will get grp in every possible scenario, witch elf might be harder in that regard but its very fun class to play=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

arorwne
Suspended

Post#3 » Fri May 07, 2021 2:16 pm

waza wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:25 am Hi All
I played the original Warhammer Online at launch for a few years. It is the only MMO I ever really got into and leveled characters up significantly.
My main characters were a Black Orc and a Squig Herder, that I got to max and near max level. Before I finished I started a Witch Elf and a Warrior Priest to start exploring the other PVE areas from low level. I never got very far with with either so now I am downloading again I am thinking of going back to try one of these.
Keep in mind about the WE...she's...not good honestly. Very fun, but takes awhile to get going(~level 24 or so), then becomes quite fun and resilient(self heal tactic), but even then...she feels like an inferior version of WH. Ok, she arguably has better dps, but that's only going to be important in a very protracted fight like a Dungeon Boss or something. And even then...WH gives you a more rounded, better, more fun experience(honestly). And it feels awful in RvR, unless you go around ganking in 6man WE squad, but...good luck with that.

WP is very fun, more fun than DoK imo. He's not my primary choice(not for PvE anyhow), but he's very, very good. Have fun with him!

DirkDaring

Post#4 » Fri May 07, 2021 3:02 pm

waza wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:25 am Hi All

Welcome back, a lot has been changed here from how it was on live, some good, and some bad, overall I prefer AOR Live compared to what we have here , but at least we have this to play.

Hope you have fun, WP is a fun class, play it however you want, that's one thing about Mythic, all their classes, even in DAOC had no set way to play, no class had a main spec.

You had archetypes then you had different mastery trees, as well as gear in the game to play however you wanted, a lot of that has changed here, on live even RvR sets had stats, set bonuses every couple sets to allow the player to play two different ways.

That has changed here, all the RvR sets were changed, tanks sets had strength, toughness wounds , on them as an example, had the strength removed from RvR sets, and placed on new armor then placed in Scenarios, same for healer sets, on live every couple RvR sets for healers had intel, or strength magic or melee crit, rather than just wisdom, and heal crit.

Those sets were changed as well , the stats or crit other than pure healer were removed and added to new armor, and placed in Scenarios, I remember a few years ago , they didn't like that tanks were using 2H weapons, and not enough were using a Shield, so they changed it where you couldn't guard if you weren't using a shield, but this was quickly reverted back, after community backlash.

Most classes have been changed as well, from how they were on live, some mastery tree abilities changes, others ability buffs, or nerfs depending on the class.

I wish they would have just taken over the game, so those of us that enjoyed playing on live would still have the option to play here, but stopped Renown at 80 as far as points, etc like they have done, but left the rest of Mythic`s game alone.