Recent Topics

Ads

New Guys In Town

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
MrVaak

New Guys In Town

Post#1 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:37 pm

Hello,

Me and 4-6 mates prob. want to give it a try, most of us are new here so some help is very welcome! (Classes/Builds/Guilds/PvP - Combo?)
(From: BE/NL/GER)
I played Warhammer AR since release back in 2008/2009 / but i never really got very far, BIG fan of the lore doh (Total war / Warhammer / Board games)
Most of us have big experience in old school MMO's - Knight Online / WoW and some are completley new.
So yea if we need to know anything before we pick a char, that would be great !

See you in game i guess!!

Ads
Lyckansost

Re: New Guys In Town

Post#2 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:06 pm

Tanks in this game are really a tank in both pve and pvp (roll is to guard, punt, challenge and more) and can deal damage. Dps and healers are the same as in most games but with a few twist. Some take more damage the more they do and some have special resources you need to manage.
Try a few out to lvl 16-20 and you will foresure find one that you like.
If you are a group of players that are going to play together I recommend at least 1 healer and 1 tank.

andy

Re: New Guys In Town

Post#3 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:15 pm

Some guidelines.

1. You can Play both Order and Destro. But there is a lockout timer.
2. Destro is overpopulated on EU primetime and Order on NA primetime. EU primetime is though when the server is at it's peak on total players playing.
3. Destro is overpopulated on tanks and melee dps classes and Order on range damage classes. You will always have an easier time getting into a group as a tank and healer, than a damage class on both realms. Hardest to get into group is as Witchelf or Witchunter.
4. This is not Age of Reckoning it is Return of Reckoning, it is not only a name difference.
5. This is not WoW where you level to get to endgame. It is endgame right at the bat.
6. It is all about pvp/rvr. You can level to career rank 40 through only pve or only pvp or a mix. Best is to do it through pvp/rvr to keep your renown rank in sync with career rank. You can also use XP Reduction Scrolls at career rank 16, to rank up your renown rank faster than your career rank. Renown rank is more important than to get max career rank fast.
7. It is all about grouping and it is when this game really shines.