Recent Topics

Ads

Returning Player

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
vancolt45

Returning Player

Post#1 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:46 am

Greetings,

I used to play a Chosen back during live. I am very excited to see the community is going strong! I am still currently trying to decide between Order and Chaos. I see tanks are well sought after, and while I did enjoy my chosen on live I am curious to see what other classes have to offer :)

Ads
NSKaneda

Re: Returning Player

Post#2 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:49 am

Welcome back :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Wam

Post#3 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:19 am

vancolt45 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:46 am Greetings,

I used to play a Chosen back during live. I am very excited to see the community is going strong! I am still currently trying to decide between Order and Chaos. I see tanks are well sought after, and while I did enjoy my chosen on live I am curious to see what other classes have to offer :)
What are you looking for? what timezone do you play? Scenarios or ORVR?

Order are in desperate need of tanks because they over stack their RDPS population, so their tanks/mdps and healers are disproportionate to heavy rdps pop...

Destro is better balanced class distrubtion, and probably easier to pug as they use /5 LFG alot more than order

KOTBS is the best tank (for teamplay) despite its nerfs, dont expect it to do dmg though, its a buff bot and master of CC, its very simplified and direct, some people will say its boring but can be fun and very effective, if you played chosen on live then you might like this (no ravage spam op though)

IB is like playing the piano, can be very tanky and good at kiting... alot of abilities / buffs to micro manage... AP battery boy

SM you might want to look into downloading plan B add on (one which borks use) for their mechanic and rotating through your skill use... SM can be good support/heals or dmg dealer

chosen the counter to kotbs, not quite as defensive/supportive, a little more damage too

BG similar to IB... very good in small scale and annoying to healers

Bork again look into downloading plan b add on... brings alot of buffs and can do decent dmg also depending if you go snb support (waaagh... Cooldown reduction for party ... or if you go 2hander DPS ish tank)

all tanks can be viable in the right situation... kotbs is backbone of order and any group

just remember to guard / guard swap in combat = easy :)

i'll give quick rundown of other archtype/classes if you want something different to tank

Dok - tanky group healer, less mobile healer than others
Zealot - most well rounded and balanced healer
Shaman - hybred / more kiting based/utilty healer

WP - see dok
RP - see zealot
Archmage - see shaman (just AM a little less survial than Shaman, but doesnt have to fight WL's etc but has to deal with choppa pulls)

Mara - tanky well rounded mdps with some utility good aoe/st
Choppa - bursty squishy dps with nice debuffs... good aoe/st
Welf - stealth class, nice debuffs and st
msh - mobile class, reliant on orks CDR to be competitive its ok

Wl - mobile class, its fairly solid aoe and st (in different specs)
Slayer - more dmg than choppa very strong mdps but needs support to shine
WH - stealth class, some nice debuffs also (armour debuff/morale/outgoing healing etc)
asw - good st

Sorc - squishy but high ST (in st spec) and decent ranged aoe pressure when kiting
Magus - long range, a bit stationary reliant on pet mechanic, can do good dmg
Rsh - nice ranged burst and debuffs ST, lacking aoe

BW - super high dmg st or ranged aoe... rain of fire & proc dmg
Engi - long range keep wall huggers
rSW - nice DOT pressure and debuffs / utility morale drain / snare / heal debuff etc...

That is very brief overview, there's alot more detail but maybe will help you make a more informed choice 8-)
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Whyumadbro

Post#4 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:53 am

welcome back! War never ends here

vancolt45

Post#5 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:08 am

Thanks for the responses, and Wam especially for the excellent write up!

I am currently located US east coast though I keep late hours. Generally open to all forms of gameplay especially doing some more scenarios now that I’m getting the hang of things again.

I am currently suffering from some class add. But definitely enjoy some solo roaming and grinding. Anything with decent mobility is also appealing.

fabrizio3k

Post#6 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:18 am

If you enjoy playing tanks, order has a chronic lack of tanks that will guarantee you place in pretty much every warband

Drednes

Post#7 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:20 am

another brother returns Welcome
if you want to help Order NEEDS tanks! and any tank is another shield against the infinite destro tide
if you want destruction there are no real downsides unfortunately aside from longer scenario ques and you need to be fast with the city que since most que instantly
if you were leading something during live even better you can start a guild and get those stupid pugs a brain and show them how much they dont know

many fun to be had especially with the new land of the dead teasers form time to time and lost vale returning in the future!