Recent Topics

Ads

Hello!

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
HarkonenTimber

Hello!

Post#1 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:39 am

Hello!

I have been playing T1 a bit for the last couple of nights and decided I want top try and level a character up for the long term. Hence this introduction :)
I am new to RoR but not WAR so I am looking forward to the journey ahead. Currently leveling a Swordmaster with the intend to tank both RvR and SC's, I dont really like playing solo.

I have read up a bit on the forums and I get the impression the leveling is a little bit different from WAR during retail. If anyone has any tips for a new leveling SM (currently lvl 12) that would be highly appreciated. I am also looking for an active guild that does leveling content and RvR.

Cheers!
Doyoustretch - BO

Ads
Contra

Re: Hello!

Post#2 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:54 am

Welcome to RoR
Order is in desperate need of good tanks at the moment, and my advice is 1st learn to play your tank as a snb and learn what is is that tanks are meant to be doing.

Before all the leetkids jump in with their "2H tanks can do dps and tank. Some tanks are better 2H, etc etc etc" Yes 2H is not only viable, but in certain situation preferable. But 1st get the basics down. I don't agree with the people who say 2H is easier for levelling, but that's just me.

Welcome again!

HarkonenTimber

Post#3 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:33 pm

Thanks mate! I apparently need to post more before I can post in other threads. I noted your tip regarding snb while leveling. However do you have any other tips? should I focus rvr and sc's over questing? Questing so far seems pretty slow as a tank. Will following only 1 "racial" chain provide enough exp should I be more reliant on questing?
Doyoustretch - BO

MedV

Post#4 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:48 pm

Don’t quest at all.
Run right into rvr and always be queuing for scs.
The King.

Mattia1981

Post#5 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:20 pm

Hello and welcome. You are going to play the worst crowd controller and best damage dealer of all tanks, hence if i were you i'd go 2handed and focus on defensive gear and renown abiities; remind that the more dps spec you are ,the more squishy you will be. For warbands you could be much more appreciated with shield, for 6 man parties you could have a good value even as 2 handed aaaaaand remeber to do not play your character to please other players, play it for your fun.
I'll slay you on battlefield XD

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:02 pm

Contra wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:54 am Welcome to RoR
Order is in desperate need of good tanks at the moment, and my advice is 1st learn to play your tank as a snb and learn what is is that tanks are meant to be doing.

Before all the leetkids jump in with their "2H tanks can do dps and tank. Some tanks are better 2H, etc etc etc" Yes 2H is not only viable, but in certain situation preferable. But 1st get the basics down. I don't agree with the people who say 2H is easier for levelling, but that's just me.

Welcome again!
Great advice here. A North American Order S&B tank is worth their weight in gold atm. Just be prepared for 100%+ AAO every night and always being on defence for the foreseeable future.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

HarkonenTimber

Post#7 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:47 pm

Kwatchi wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:02 pm
Contra wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:54 am Welcome to RoR

Welcome again!
Great advice here. A North American Order S&B tank is worth their weight in gold atm. Just be prepared for 100%+ AAO every night and always being on defence for the foreseeable future.
Sadly im EU, sorry bro 8-)
Doyoustretch - BO