Recent Topics

Ads

Hello everyone!

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Guilherme

Hello everyone!

Post#1 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:44 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm Guilherme, from Portugal. It's great to meet you!

Like many, most of you, I was so glad to discover that Return of Reckoning existed, and I can't wait to play it.

I was first introduced to Warhammer when I was a little kid. My dad had this group of friends with whom used to play the tableboard version, and he also spent a lot of time painting the figurines (maybe later, if I find them, I'll post some pictures of some of his work). I remember sitting next to him late at night just watching him paint, handing him the colors he needed and preparing them. I felt very proud of myself and it was great to be able to spend time with my father. He taught me how to play as well. I always used the Skaven army, because I thought they looked badass (still do).Anyway, time moves on and around maybe 10 years later, I was addicted to WoW and one day my dad brings home Warhammer Online. So, now obviously, I got addicted to that as well. The fact that I could play again with my father brought back a lot of memories and brought us closer. It's great being able to share a passion with someone who is close to you. Unfortunately, as you all know, one day, the game just stopped working. We weren't very internet/computer savvy at the time, and for a while we never understood what happened. One time he remembered me about the game and only then did I look it up and found out that they had turned the servers off. Never quite understood why. Was the userbase not big enough? Couldn't they afford it? We moved on, but from time to time we talked about it and remembered it with some nostalgia.

2 weeks ago I'm visiting my father and he mentions the game again. Like many other times before, I look it up, kinda hoping that someone had resurrected the game, and here it is. Needless to say we were very excited. I'm reading one article about RoR and my dad's eyes are lighting up, like a little kid. So, here I am, about to download the game. Sad thing is, I haven't managed to convince my father to download it as well, because he thinks that he'll get addicted to it and lose track of his social life, lol. He's 51. I think he'll come around.

Anyway, if any developer reads this, thank you SO much for dedicating part of your life to this and doing it in a way that allows so many like me to re-live happy times and continue exploring the amazing game that this was/is.

I look forward to seeing all of you online! :D

Best regards,
Guilherme

Ads
Ridduk

Re: Hello everyone!

Post#2 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:52 am

Welcome