Recent Topics

Ads

A Re-introduction

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Gnash

A Re-introduction

Post#1 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:08 am

Hey all (yup, even Odor, all of whom I lu<3 in a special way; without them who would I have to kill, and who would kill me?) I played from birth to dEAth with probably most of you. The last 2 years I played as Khulture Szhahk, (players called me "Cult" in Vent/Raidcall) Marauder. Wasn't especially stand out, but I had stamina to run with you (Destro) for multiples of hours a day.

[I did, in fact start a few Odor toons during opening month and made two or three here on RoR server, but I guess I'm a 'furry' at heart but really only played Undead during my M.o.M. phase, and all that accumulated Undercity rot compelled me toward Marauder. We look kinda rotten at times, don't we? So, yeah, a bit of Order, but - !!!! - S'cuse me, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit....]

I was privileged to know, hang and guild with some spectacular players, who turned out to be pretty decent folks (and ultimately awesome online friends), the likes of [commence name dropping popularity technique]: Jokerlo (LoL), Artemis and his awesome wife, whose real name I know and won't put, while forgetting her in game toon's name, thus cannot name her atm (Inquisito), Akalmar (Agony*) and the great players and great people who were my guildies at one or another point in time, but especially and most fondly (incoming man crush :roll: ), Ooul, who was so much like a best friend during that time in my life... let's just say there's no one I miss more since dEAth came a callin'. I was truly fortunate to hang with him again for a short time in RoR, but by then priorities had changed and friendship loyalty (on my part) did as well. We live and learn, eh?

Any hoodiehoo, after being without a rig (Windows update early-mid 2019 bricked mine, binaries in boot manager missing - thing was 7 years old) for 69 days (I'm cereal) I was fortunate to have some (ok, a lot) of help from a parental unit on the acquisition of a new rig. I always run Dest, detest the rest as their stench makes me hurl (see opening remarks to know how much I really love Odor). I'm not a camper of players or NPC camps, but I do enjoy hunting campers - the one's whose special Odor I can smell at 50 yard - as long as they not cheating/warping and the like.

Speaking of 'warping', the server set up/location has given me a new appreciation for what many blokes and lassies went through during live, Europeans in general I guess. We had it so good in the states, and still bitched this game into oblivion. Another topic, another day, another forum :shock:

So, I was out with a huge WB or two, following Cue around like an excited n0Ob tonight/this morning, 10/2-10/3 respectively, running solo because I remember how tightly run, and thusly played, this special server is, and remember how weird it would get when a n0Ob would pop in our WB, especially when the realm/aao hopping got real out of hand for a while, and we would be paranoid about paranoia, etc. So I followed *Skurrga's around while hoping Cue could weasel me in hers somehow - and ran with y'all (I love you Healers, if you have mats I will never charge you for talis) while you helped me not suck right up the "totally unforeseeable" (I've been watching Cue play for weeks and as Dest does what Dest does best [ass kicking] and the sort of 'inevitable' crash that I often experienced seemed to be 'happening' again/anew, at a excruciating level of Co-Inky-Dink) crash at the moment of reward application/reception) crash at the very split second. Noe wut? Me not care. Me had fun. Thanks to Grix, the first to rez my lone wolf ass, and the rest of you, whose names I did not catch in air, or in the scroll as my 'report everyone's damage all the time' setting is ticked, you are the super patient-est, kind hearted-est players in game. Thanks for putting up with Super-Stupes like me.

Who the heck are you anyway, bub?!

Sorry, Gnashphist Rhaylspike (Honest to T'zeench a generated name and NOT a drug reference :lol: ) at your service. Since I am not 'good', I do my damndest to 'be good at it' and feel like I'm fair to midland in that role. Shoulder to shoulder, or toe to toe, it was grand to play with y'all. Hope to run with you (or over you :P ) again soon. Hope I'm able to run more than intermittently.

Good Hunting! :mrgreen:

*EDIT: Akalmar's guild's name was Agony!!!

EDIT: The leader was Skurrga, sorry 'bout that mate!
"You're not 'someone' in this world until you're hated."
-GaruchillaJoe

"Warison"
-A bugle call to attack

Ads