Recent Topics

Ads

New to WH world and game

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Zohan2000

New to WH world and game

Post#1 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:46 pm

Hi all, am new to the Warhammer universe and saw that this was a game while looking at warhammer games on wikipedia and when i googled one of em this site came up for a private server and thought i would give it a go, any and all advice on class, settings, need to know information about the game is welcomed, thanks in advance!

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: New to WH world and game

Post#2 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:09 pm

Zohan2000 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:46 pm any and all advice on class, settings, need to know information about the game is welcomed, thanks in advance!
So WH is a ganker class excelling at solo fight vs most targets through you will have a bit of hard time finding a place in a warband as you dont have much of an AoE spec

Your bread and butter ability is torment, when you pop feinting positioning torment will ignore armor from any angle not just the back the same about pistol whips knockdown

The most common build for 40/40 is https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,4355,4367

i like to use flanking or flowing accusations to spam absolution a few more times

you can either spend the rest of your points to get Seal of destruction + punish the false, as punish the false + the heal debuff from blessed bullets of confession stack to debuff the self healing a healer can do by 75%

or you can get shroud of magnus + repel blasphemy , you can do some cheese between repel blashphemey and riposte tactic to cheese some fights vs melee

i dont main WH or WE or stealthers really in mmo's so im sure their are yet wiser people who can provide more adivce than me

Manatikik

Post#3 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:45 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:09 pm
Zohan2000 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:46 pm any and all advice on class, settings, need to know information about the game is welcomed, thanks in advance!
So WH is a ganker class excelling at solo fight vs most targets through you will have a bit of hard time finding a place in a warband as you dont have much of an AoE spec

Your bread and butter ability is torment, when you pop feinting positioning torment will ignore armor from any angle not just the back the same about pistol whips knockdown

The most common build for 40/40 is https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,4355,4367

i like to use flanking or flowing accusations to spam absolution a few more times

you can either spend the rest of your points to get Seal of destruction + punish the false, as punish the false + the heal debuff from blessed bullets of confession stack to debuff the self healing a healer can do by 75%

or you can get shroud of magnus + repel blasphemy , you can do some cheese between repel blashphemey and riposte tactic to cheese some fights vs melee

i dont main WH or WE or stealthers really in mmo's so im sure their are yet wiser people who can provide more adivce than me
WH = Warhammer in this context or you just whooshed the **** outta me.
<Montague><Capulet>

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:53 pm

Manatikik wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:45 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:09 pm

WH = Warhammer in this context or you just whooshed the **** outta me.
Yeah no that’s on me for being an idiot and glazing over the thread while dong something else I saw WH
And went straight to witch hunter :oops:

Ok well I covered one I’ll leave advice about the other 23 classes to you ;)

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:54 pm

Ok lets try this again

When it comes to class we can give perhaps some advice based on what you have played in other MMO's or what role you want to fill, for the most part both factions have an alright role distribution it just varies based on time of day so play want you want to cause this is a game and its all about having fun

Addons that you will want vary from class to class some will need or "perfer" that you have certain addons that other classes wont need some that i feel are universal are buffhead, and enemy

One thing ill tell you, leveling is slow mmo, constantly que for scenarios roll with the zerg in open rvr and do the epic quests for each tier

the honest truth is that the real game dosnt start till lvl 40/renown rank 40 with that character

Try to join a guild it will make the game more enjoyable and their are certain perks that you can access once your guild reaches a high enough rank like being able to buy scrolls that let you insta telport in-front of certain dungeons

abezverkhiy

Post#6 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:08 pm

Welcome. WAR or ROR would be a better abbreviation for the game.

It is very well thought through from class balance standpoint. Of course haters will always hate and criers will always cry but the thing is that there’s no one perfect class, the food chain is very strong. To give you an example - on my warrior priest (healer) I have no fear meeting an enemy tank cause I will always outlast him. At the same time meeting range dps is a nearly guaranteed death. And every class has own best and worst types of enemies. So see what you like and choose.

The game is skewed towards large scale fights so gear and survival is very important for melees but more forgiving for ranged classes.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Zohan2000

Post#7 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:19 am

in WoW my main is a mage and always went towards mage/wizard but do enjoy getting into melee combat at times just to deal out huge damage, so at the moment im up for anything and as for addons, got no idea on what to even look for or where to look for them

abezverkhiy

Post#8 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:41 am

If you like rdps then you will find them here just excellent. Bright wizard is very offensive, engineer is very defensive. Can’t say anything about 3rd rdps - shadow warrior as never played one. Destro mirrors (or nearly mirrors) would be Sorcerer, Magus and Squig Herger. But they are not exact mirrors, this is another beauty of the game.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads