Recent Topics

Ads

Old WAR veteran checking in

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
teamjawbox

Old WAR veteran checking in

Post#1 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:36 pm

Hi there. I played a Gobbo Shaman in WAR. My wife and I also hosted a WAR podcast back in the day on the now defunct LAGWAR website. Met a lot of really great people and had countless hours of fun.

Very cool to see that this server exists!

Ads
anarchypark

Re: Old WAR veteran checking in

Post#2 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:23 pm

welcome back
what took you so long to find this ;)
podcast was new( alternative ) media at that times i think?
hope to see new twitch channel soon
and spread war

ps. check discord too
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

teamjawbox

Post#3 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:07 am

Honestly not sure what took me so long! LOL. Been knee deep in table top and the other Warhammer video games I guess, but think back on the days of WAR often. Had an experience like none other in that community.

Podcasting was definitely not as popular or common then. iTunes was really one of the few supporting podcasts. We had devs and CM's come on front time to time, Andy Belford, one of the old CM's for Mythic was a regular. Maybe it's the love and passion folks have for the Warhammer IP in general, or maybe it was just where I was at in my life at the time, but WAR provided me with gaming memories and friendships I've never gotten from any other game.

Happy to be here and thanks for the welcome! Will certainly spread WAR!

BeautfulToad

Post#4 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:41 am

Good luck mate!

ZamnilBlackaxe1989

Post#5 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:23 pm

teamjawbox wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:07 am Thanks : )

Honestly not sure what took me so long! LOL. Been knee deep in table top and the other Warhammer video games I guess, but think back on the days of WAR often. Had an experience like none other in that community.

Podcasting was definitely not as popular or common then. iTunes was really one of the few supporting podcasts. We had devs and CM's come on front time to time, Andy Belford, one of the old CM's for Mythic was a regular. Maybe it's the love and passion folks have for the Warhammer IP in general, or maybe it was just where I was at in my life at the time, but WAR provided me with gaming memories and friendships I've never gotten from any other game.

Happy to be here and thanks for the welcome! Will certainly spread WAR!
I don't suppose you'd have any archived episodes you could share? Would be interesting to listen to this. A little time capsule.

teamjawbox

Post#6 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:23 pm

ZamnilBlackaxe1989 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:23 pm I don't suppose you'd have any archived episodes you could share? Would be interesting to listen to this. A little time capsule.
Now that's an interesting question. We've moved a couple of times over the last decade, but I know I have a hard drive that I backed up my LibSyn account where all the mp3's were housed online, prior to shutting down the LibSyn account some years later. I'll rummage through some boxes in the attic and see if I can find that hard drive. :?

ZamnilBlackaxe1989

Post#7 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:30 am

teamjawbox wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:23 pm
ZamnilBlackaxe1989 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:23 pm I don't suppose you'd have any archived episodes you could share? Would be interesting to listen to this. A little time capsule.
Now that's an interesting question. We've moved a couple of times over the last decade, but I know I have a hard drive that I backed up my LibSyn account where all the mp3's were housed online, prior to shutting down the LibSyn account some years later. I'll rummage through some boxes in the attic and see if I can find that hard drive. :?
Would be much appreciated, but no pressure, mate.