Recent Topics

Ads

Girlfriend is away for 3 weeks! Time to try RoR :) Looking for other new players to team with

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Staveahn

Girlfriend is away for 3 weeks! Time to try RoR :) Looking for other new players to team with

Post#1 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:16 pm

The title says it all really. I've been wanting to get my teeth into a game for a long time, but never had the opportunity to start in earnest. Now I have more free time I'm really looking forward to getting into RoR over the coming weeks.

I'm looking for other new starters to team up with, I'm in the UK and work full time so I'll be active after 6pm UK time during the week and at the weekends. I'd love to meet some other people starting afresh to team up with.

Give me a shout if you're keen!

Ads
vianiznice

Re: Girlfriend is away for 3 weeks! Time to try RoR :) Looking for other new players to team with

Post#2 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:22 pm

Once the server is up again, check out the early PQs if they're populated. If not, click "L" and find a 1-15 level WB and join RvR.

I have no current plans on leveling anything, so see you in T2 and onwards : )

Silverjackle

Re: Girlfriend is away for 3 weeks! Time to try RoR :) Looking for other new players to team with

Post#3 » Fri May 31, 2019 5:34 pm

Hey im actually in a very similar position. The game is installing right now. Any ideas on what you'll want to play? i'd be game to duo or more :)

My prefs on class are probably Order, but i'd also roll chaos if i had a buddy

Staveahn

Post#4 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:17 pm

I'm going order, I'm thinking tank or healer/utility. I'm just having arguements with the UI addons at the moment. Non of the basics like backpack are working due to missing dependencies, although I'm not sure if pushing the game to 4k resolution is what is the problem. It would suck if thats the case as it looks pretty sweet in 4k!

My first character is Staveahn in game as well, add me and I'll say hi once I can see whats happening haha

Martok

Post#5 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:24 pm

You need your girlfriend's permission or approval to invest time into playing a video game?

Sorry to hear that.

Really...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#6 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:25 pm

Martok wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:24 pm You need your girlfriend's permission or approval to invest time into playing a video game?

Sorry to hear that.

Really...
:roll:

Staveahn

Post#7 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:44 pm

Martok wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:24 pm You need your girlfriend's permission or approval to invest time into playing a video game?
Nope, but it means I can nerd out for hours on end and get into something a proper. Nice interpretation of a lighthearted "Hello! I'm new here" post, Social Skills +1

Silverjackle

Post#8 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:07 pm

I'll just be making something in game shortly, I'm flexible on class so I can go for something complimentary WP if your not a healer and a kotbs or WL if you are :)

Ads
Wam

Post#9 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:43 pm

Staveahn wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:16 pm The title says it all really. I've been wanting to get my teeth into a game for a long time, but never had the opportunity to start in earnest. Now I have more free time I'm really looking forward to getting into RoR over the coming weeks.

I'm looking for other new starters to team up with, I'm in the UK and work full time so I'll be active after 6pm UK time during the week and at the weekends. I'd love to meet some other people starting afresh to team up with.

Give me a shout if you're keen!
not sure how you want to level... If Pve only, SC only, or ORVR only... but duo's are usually the most fun way for PVE/SC ...

ORVR
Lvl 1-15 ORVR Tier 1
LVL 16-40 (you will get boosted dont worry... Is tier2/3/4 all merged together)

If you are new you should look at getting some add on's... and decent UI (default UI is very bad)

Viny UI? State of realm add on too? Enemy... buffhead are just some of the main ones to look deeper into :)

PVE
Questing/PQ farming is good (depends on duo combo if you can do hard pq,s usually not because heros are strong)

SC
solo players, and duo players can be in "pug sc" ... but 3-6 premades can be in others... so if you want to avoid "premades" generally stick to pug SC... (only really useful for when you hit lvl 31 and your going to be out geared very much in T4 SC) T1/T2/T3 premade groups less of a thing.

also some commands

.rvr (to see active zones)
.u (if you got stuck and need a throw up in air to try displace)
/stuck (x2) to teleport to start zone if .u doesnt work

oh and try save 10 gold by lvl 16 (buy faster mount from quartermaster (t2 warcamp should have one... or in your cities there should be mount vendor (north west IC, south West Altdorf) riding on mule sucks...

also if you dont care about crafting skills, pick up scavenging to make some extra money while leveling...

ive probably missed out alot of things but that should help you get going :lol:
Last edited by Wam on Fri May 31, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Silverjackle

Post#10 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:44 pm

Well i've tried to make a WP - but my game seems to crash a few seconds in every time i log in....we'll see if i can play haha