Recent Topics

Ads

Back after many years

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Qizx

Back after many years

Post#1 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:39 pm

Hey Everyone,
Just downloaded the game earlier today and looking to give it a shot tonight. I originally played back when the game first came out and for about a year or two after. I remember playing a BW back then and they were pretty good, loads of fun and could deal a lot of damage. I might be looking for something new though, any recommendations? Also looking for any guilds that may be recruiting!

Good to be back and give this another shot!

Ads
kweedko

Re: Back after many years

Post#2 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:43 pm

Qizx wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:39 pm Hey Everyone,
Just downloaded the game earlier today and looking to give it a shot tonight. I originally played back when the game first came out and for about a year or two after. I remember playing a BW back then and they were pretty good, loads of fun and could deal a lot of damage. I might be looking for something new though, any recommendations? Also looking for any guilds that may be recruiting!

Good to be back and give this another shot!
Obviously DDZEALOT. 8-)

tazdingo

Post#3 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:48 pm

welcome back

classes/specs that have seen pretty huge changes are stabby squig, WL, SM and BO, BG and choppa so you may wanna check those out first. melee SW, AM/shaman and engi/magus have had some moderate changes too. BW i think is largely unchaged. note that the career builder at the top is very outdated so you'll want to use the in game one to see all the new stuff

Qizx

Post#4 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:00 pm

Thanks for the responses guys! I don't think I ever played a Zealot originally, well maybe to like level 10 but not past that.

Thanks for letting me know about the big changes, I honestly have no idea how much they've changed. I was playing with the career builder earlier so good to know that's way out of date. Are WL viable now? I do love the idea of hitting people with an axe and using a lion.

CountTalabecland

Post#5 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:43 pm

WL has been broadly changed and is still undergoing a rework.
If you like Dwarfs all 4 classes are in a good place. Would recommend Engineer if you liked BW. AoE Engi is pretty damn deadly in warband versus warband. If you want to smack something with a big axe, none better than the Ironbreaker. Slayer too if you don't mind the squish.
I might be slightly biased. Also Knight is the easiest tank to pick up if you want to give tanking a go but it is getting reworked something something .... soon.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

exxyx

Post#6 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:50 pm

WL is somehow "difficult"....they were op, then nerfed, op again, nerfed...and so on. just being under construction for long time, but yes they are viable/playable.

you can always check via the ingame command ".ab changelist" which changes to your class were made from original game to this server.

classwise i can only recommend: play what you like the most :D tanks and heals are always needed though :P

tazdingo

Post#7 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:53 pm

Qizx wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:00 pm Thanks for letting me know about the big changes, I honestly have no idea how much they've changed. I was playing with the career builder earlier so good to know that's way out of date. Are WL viable now? I do love the idea of hitting people with an axe and using a lion.
WL has been given stances like mara, pets are vastly improved and loner is a "free" tactic. it's a very recent change and discussions regarding their viability is ongoing. they were always monsters in small scale and i believe the changes were intended to make them better in large scale

melee squig just got an overall rework including qol stuff and is viable, a very mobile aoe dps/debuffer
BO and SM have better group support but both lost old "selfish" builds in the process
choppa has a channel aoe pull now
BG has many more buffs to give dark protector and some 2H spec changes too (cave in, WoDS)

chosen and knight are both due mechanic reworks soon

Qizx

Post#8 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:06 pm

Oh cool, good to know. Basically I want to make sure I don't pick a class that's a complete dunce that doesn't contribute to anything!

Not particularly a big dwarf fan, more of an elf guy myself but I did have a 40 IB back in the day who was a lot of fun. That little guy just couldn't die.

You guys are mentioning reworks, that means the people running this server actually keep updating? That's pretty sick.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#9 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:12 pm

yeah they got client control a few months ago so most of the big changes have been somewhat recent
Qizx wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:06 pm Oh cool, good to know. Basically I want to make sure I don't pick a class that's a complete dunce that doesn't contribute to anything!
the only live classes that i'd consider dunces were prdps, BG, magus and to some degree SM, but they're all viable now

Qizx

Post#10 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:30 pm

tazdingo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:12 pm yeah they got client control a few months ago so most of the big changes have been somewhat recent
Qizx wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:06 pm Oh cool, good to know. Basically I want to make sure I don't pick a class that's a complete dunce that doesn't contribute to anything!
the only live classes that i'd consider dunces were prdps, BG, magus and to some degree SM, but they're all viable now
prdps? Sorry I don't know what that one is. Man I can't wait to get home and give this game another shot. Was so sad when it officially died.