Recent Topics

Ads

Back after many years

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Back after many years

Post#11 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:50 pm

Qizx wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:30 pm
tazdingo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:12 pm yeah they got client control a few months ago so most of the big changes have been somewhat recent
Qizx wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:06 pm Oh cool, good to know. Basically I want to make sure I don't pick a class that's a complete dunce that doesn't contribute to anything!
the only live classes that i'd consider dunces were prdps, BG, magus and to some degree SM, but they're all viable now
prdps? Sorry I don't know what that one is. Man I can't wait to get home and give this game another shot. Was so sad when it officially died.
Physical ranged dps, so engi, shadow warrior, and squig herder
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Richardwarhawk

Post#12 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:12 pm

Hey welcome back!!! Have fun in the server and hope you enjoy it!

Qizx

Post#13 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:40 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:50 pm
tazdingo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:12 pm yeah they got client control a few months ago so most of the big changes have been somewhat recent

the only live classes that i'd consider dunces were prdps, BG, magus and to some degree SM, but they're all viable now
prdps? Sorry I don't know what that one is. Man I can't wait to get home and give this game another shot. Was so sad when it officially died.
Ah thanks so that rules out Shadow Warrior lol.

tazdingo

Post#14 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:45 pm

Qizx wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:40 pm

no shadow warrior is great now

the issue was that bis gear + armour stacking mitigated so much physical dmg that prdps really struggled at the highest levels, but we don't have that issue here. casters still do more damage (unless you count cannon smash), but prdps have their tools and shadow warrior is VERY popular in order warbands thanks to mobility + aoe

lefze
Suspended

Post#15 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:10 pm

tazdingo wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:45 pm
Qizx wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:40 pm

no shadow warrior is great now

the issue was that bis gear + armour stacking mitigated so much physical dmg that prdps really struggled at the highest levels, but we don't have that issue here. casters still do more damage (unless you count cannon smash), but prdps have their tools and shadow warrior is VERY popular in order warbands thanks to mobility + aoe
Shadow warrior is definetly not great. SW AoE has been cut down by as much as 75% from their old maximum potential, and overall you will find it impossible to bomb with most of the time. It only really works in full premades where you get every buff you ask for.

Their ranged specs now pale in comparison to even engi/AM, and their melee spec is devastatingly boring. It is also picked solely because of a single debuff, which at this point doesn't bring much against anything but pugs.

Unless someone takes the initiative to accept community feedback and reworks major parts of the class, it will remain dead.
Rip Phalanx