Recent Topics

Ads

Hey, just trying to decide what class to play?

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Rikero

Hey, just trying to decide what class to play?

Post#1 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:24 am

I've heard that the witch hunter is fun. But aren't they squishy? Ayudame

Ads
Anshard

Re: Hey, just trying to decide what class to play?

Post#2 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:54 am

I'll just lay out my opinions on classes, and you can pick one that fits your play style.

Tank (Swordmaster, Knight of the Blazing Sun, Ironbreaker): You can take an extreme beating. Far more so than most MMOs, but you have very limited mobility, again, unlike most other MMOs (Don't look for charges or teleports here). You can exchange survive ability for decent dmg. Your primary role is zone control.

Melee DPS (White Lion, Slayer, Witch Hunter): low to medium surviveability, very strong DPS, good mobility. The slayer kills like no other class, but is a sitting duck on the battlefield, bring a healer and tank. White Lion has a pet that is strong but can be frustrating. Overall, he is the king of mobility with a leap, a charge, and a pull. Witch Hunter has the stealth mechanic... you would be squishie, but no one can see you.

Ranged DPS (Bright Wizard, Engineer, Shadow Warrior): strong dps at range, don't let melee near you. Bright Wizard can deal huge dmg, but literally dmgs himself as he casts. Engineer is the aoe dot king, with stationary pets to boot. An Eng's dmg isn't explosive, but it is strong. Finally the shadow warrior is a hybrid melee/ranged dps. If you like the idea of a fast skirmisher with good dmg and surviveability, Shadow Warrior is for you.

Healers (Rune Priest, Arch Mage, Warrior Priest): Good surviveability, medium dmg. Rune priest is the basic, all around great healer... everyone's friend. Arch Mage is a hybrid range dps and healer. Strong class, but you balance a mechanic that requires a mixture of healing and dps. Warrior Priest is a hybrid melee dps and aoe healer. A Warrior Priest is most at home healing a group and can be almost completely dedicated to healing, but is most at home guarded by a tank on the front line spamming a few melee hits along with most of their instant cast party heals.

Hope that helps :)

Rikero

Post#3 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:15 pm

What classes have you leveled to max?

Anshard

Post#4 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:00 pm

Between now and live (which has been awhile, lol), I've leveled to max White Lion, Arch Mage, Warrior Priest, Engineer, Shadow Warrior, and Knight of the Blazing Sun.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#5 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:30 pm

Play which class you think looks coolest, damn anything and everything else!

Glorian

Post#6 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:33 pm

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:Play which class you think looks coolest, damn anything and everything else!
Pretty much that. You will your char for a very long time. So take the class you find visually most appealing.

And if you run with them around you get "the feeling".
For me it is a grumpy lad with a shotgun. ;)

Rikero

Post#7 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:43 am

I really wanna play a witch hunter and pop people in the face

scatterthewinds

Post#8 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:54 am

maybe witch elf is for you? not order please.

Ads
Fractus

Post#9 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:45 am

Depends if you know what playstyles you like, like Norkalkilla and Glorian said, you'll play it for a long time so looks are important but also playstyle what you like getting good at, and are capable with.

Attacker (DPS)
- Get good at creating burst damage on enemies
- Get good at knowing who and when to de-taunt (reduce incoming damage to you)
- Get good at knowing when to single target focus that healer in small scale fights
- Get good at knowing when to burst big area of effect damage in large scale fights, funnels etc, you can't kill 100 players 1 at a time when both sides have instant rez :) but get good coordinated aoe damage right and choo choo!

Defender (Tank)
- Guard is your biggest tool (-50% damage to 1 grouped ally within 30ft of you), get good at using it well, predict who will be focused in your team and help them stay alive, switch when needed and make sure your in range or it doesn't work! Use this well and you double the survival of your group
- Get good at knowing when and where to buff your allies and reduce the abilities and damage of your enemies
- Learn to predict the enemy and control them, punt that WE/WH who just un-stealthed next to your healer in backlines flying through the air off a cliff, challenge and stagger that enemy melee train push and disrupt it. When your attacking and that Mara won't die, punt his guard away.
- Importantly you are ironclad and when your attackers(DPS) can't get close to damage your enemies, you go first guarding them, and then they can!

Support (Healer)
- Possibly the most influential archtype, you are the only one who can actually in any worthwhile way, replen both health points and action points (stamina) to all of your grouped allies.
- Get good at knowing how to burst heal a single ally when they are focused and predicting who is going to take damage
- Get good at knowing how to burst aoe heal when large fights happen, 4 good aoe healers in a warband can change the complete outcome of a fight
- Get good at knowing when and where to cleanse, not point trying to heal normal damage + poison damage, when you can cure the poison and only heal the normal damage?
- Get good at knowing when to buff allies, how too and in what situations
- Expect to be the focus of some damage, learn how to defend against this damage and detaunt!
- Most importantly positioning, only the best healers know where to stand, you have a big range, use it and keep out of damage where you can so you can deliver the greatest healing and change the outcomes of fights.

I've been lucky enough to play over half the classes now, nearly half to 40/40, would recommend the below:
- Attacker (DPS) - BW/Sorc ranged or Mara/WL melee (all fun, challenging, flexible and actually desired in many situations)
- Defender (Tank) - BO/SM or KOTBS/Chosen (all fun, challenging, flexible and actually desired in many situations)
- Healer - RP/Zealot, WP/DOK (all fun, challenging, flexible and actually desired in many situations)

If i was to start again, i would make a SM/BO first, then BW/Sorc, then RP/Zealot.

arcachon

Post#10 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:36 am

Fractus wrote:Depends if you know what playstyles you like, like Norkalkilla and Glorian said, you'll play it for a long time so looks are important but also playstyle what you like getting good at, and are capable with.

Attacker (DPS)
- Get good at creating burst damage on enemies
- Get good at knowing who and when to de-taunt (reduce incoming damage to you)
- Get good at knowing when to single target focus that healer in small scale fights
- Get good at knowing when to burst big area of effect damage in large scale fights, funnels etc, you can't kill 100 players 1 at a time when both sides have instant rez :) but get good coordinated aoe damage right and choo choo!

Defender (Tank)
- Guard is your biggest tool (-50% damage to 1 grouped ally within 30ft of you), get good at using it well, predict who will be focused in your team and help them stay alive, switch when needed and make sure your in range or it doesn't work! Use this well and you double the survival of your group
- Get good at knowing when and where to buff your allies and reduce the abilities and damage of your enemies
- Learn to predict the enemy and control them, punt that WE/WH who just un-stealthed next to your healer in backlines flying through the air off a cliff, challenge and stagger that enemy melee train push and disrupt it. When your attacking and that Mara won't die, punt his guard away.
- Importantly you are ironclad and when your attackers(DPS) can't get close to damage your enemies, you go first guarding them, and then they can!

Support (Healer)
- Possibly the most influential archtype, you are the only one who can actually in any worthwhile way, replen both health points and action points (stamina) to all of your grouped allies.
- Get good at knowing how to burst heal a single ally when they are focused and predicting who is going to take damage
- Get good at knowing how to burst aoe heal when large fights happen, 4 good aoe healers in a warband can change the complete outcome of a fight
- Get good at knowing when and where to cleanse, not point trying to heal normal damage + poison damage, when you can cure the poison and only heal the normal damage?
- Get good at knowing when to buff allies, how too and in what situations
- Expect to be the focus of some damage, learn how to defend against this damage and detaunt!
- Most importantly positioning, only the best healers know where to stand, you have a big range, use it and keep out of damage where you can so you can deliver the greatest healing and change the outcomes of fights.

I've been lucky enough to play over half the classes now, nearly half to 40/40, would recommend the below:
- Attacker (DPS) - BW/Sorc ranged or Mara/WL melee (all fun, challenging, flexible and actually desired in many situations)
- Defender (Tank) - BO/SM or KOTBS/Chosen (all fun, challenging, flexible and actually desired in many situations)
- Healer - RP/Zealot, WP/DOK (all fun, challenging, flexible and actually desired in many situations)

If i was to start again, i would make a SM/BO first, then BW/Sorc, then RP/Zealot.

There are 2 classes which i would love to play :SH and choppa but there are not on your list.
And after i can read on the forum i should avoid them.
I'm fond of greenskin,i download this game to play one of them and i'm sad to have to play a tank as black orc instead a pure dps.
2 non viable class of 4 (after the advices on the forum) that's a lot, isn't it?