Recent Topics

Ads

Aye, Another Member of the Slayer Oath!

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Vyrke

Aye, Another Member of the Slayer Oath!

Post#1 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:42 pm

Hello! I am Vyrke, and I'm quite new to Warhammer Online. I've played many other MMOs, like Trove, World Of Warcraft, and FFXIV, and those were a BLAST to play! I'm also quite new to Warhammer in itself, as I just started getting into the lore with the Vermintide series. I actually found this game when looking for Warhammer Fantasy lore, where the search option "Warhammer Online" briefly appeared. Push comes to shove, and now I'm here!

If you wanna know more about me personally, I'm 17, I play video games (more specifically FPSes, Fighting Games, MMOs, and Horde Shooters), drums (also standard percussion), love to work out (occasionally. Haven't found a good gym in months!), and I'm in the IB program at school. I don't have many friends (mainly because I dislike most of the students in my program), and wouldn't mind making a few more!

In MMOs, I either play the strong, stout tank that takes loads of damage for my team, and dishes it right back out, or the fast, technical berserker/fighter dps who uses every ounce of his strength and willpower to end anyone in his way, even if it means costing his life. I do not normally play healers, unless they are intertwined with the tank class, like the Paladin from WoW. I prefer playing as Order rather than Destruction, but that doesn't mean I won't play as Destruction.

If you could guess by the title, I'm planning on maining Slayer, as Slayers fill one of the two roles I like, and the lore surrounding them is cool.

I hope to see you guys on the battlefield soon!

- Vyrke

Ads
Fallenkezef

Re: Aye, Another Member of the Slayer Oath!

Post#2 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:14 pm

May I point you in the direction of Bitterstone Thunderers and Oathkeepers.

Two Dwarf guilds who will always make sure a Slayer is guarded and healed.

If you want a guild with a mixture of races and lacking in sanity, Diogenes is the most fun guild I joined while on order.

Bitterstone is the more "roleplayish" of the three
Alea iacta est

Vyrke

Post#3 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:25 pm

Fallenkezef wrote:May I point you in the direction of Bitterstone Thunderers and Oathkeepers.

If you want a guild with a mixture of races and lacking in sanity, Diogenes is the most fun guild I joined while on order.

Well, I'll take those into consideration! I do not mind roleplay, as it's fun to get immersed into a story. However, Diogenes seems like a wealth of fun, and somewhere I can fit in easily.

Fallenkezef

Post#4 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:55 pm

Vyrke wrote:
Fallenkezef wrote:May I point you in the direction of Bitterstone Thunderers and Oathkeepers.

Well, I'll take those into consideration! I do not mind roleplay, as it's fun to get immersed into a story. However, Diogenes seems like a wealth of fun, and somewhere I can fit in easily.
Aye they are a great bunch, complete loonies, but great and very helpful.

There are some good guides in the Dwarf section of this forum
Alea iacta est

Glorian

Post#5 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:39 pm

Aye, most RvR Guides are from the Roleplayers here. Because as a Roleplayer on RoR you need to learn fast to kill. ;)

Hulurtin

Post#6 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:32 am

After all to kill is the role you have to play as a Slayer..... :evil: :evil:
Hulurtin - Ironbreaker Corporal
Thorgikanzon - Slayer warrior
Alrid - Engineer recruit
Alridokya - Runepriest recruit

Vyrke

Post#7 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:19 pm

Hulurtin wrote:After all to kill is the role you have to play as a Slayer..... :evil: :evil:

Well, you have to kill, and DIE IN GLORIOUS COMBAT!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You also have to feel a lot of shame, which is par for the course. 8-) 8-)

Hulurtin

Post#8 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:54 pm

......on a side note, if your slayer is still in t1 we're doing soonish a t1 pirate slayer event! Come join the fun!
Alrid - Engineer recruit

Ads
Vyrke

Post#9 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:59 pm

Hulurtin wrote:......on a side note, if your slayer is still in t1 we're doing soonish a t1 pirate slayer event! Come join the fun!
Sounds like fun! I'll have to join later, though. Doing chores atm :roll:

Hulurtin

Post#10 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:10 pm

Soonish means march 11th 8 p.m. Altdorf time.....don't miss the fun :D :D :D
Alrid - Engineer recruit