Recent Topics

Ads

Never played - super hyped

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Owondyah

Never played - super hyped

Post#1 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:26 pm

I'll do this a bit different:

- I'm sick of modern gaming, lost all hopes to find proper mmo that won't hold my hand all the fkn time and that won't have lolly chars, won't have ppl raiding boss in a fkn swimsuit in a cave filled with LAVA!!!! Won't have oversexualized female models with boobs sized like my wife's ass!!! WTF IS WRONG WITH WORLD TODAY??

- I upload gaming content on youtube, **** sub base tho... but we all start from bottom ehh ?

- I'm coming from Riders of Icarus, king of RNG in gaming...

- I'm 30yo

- I've heared about Warhammer Online, never played it

- Saw few youtube videos and I like what I saw

- Hoping that finaly I'll find a game to base my channel upon and find mmo peace.

- Owondyah out!

Ads
tazdingo

Re: Never played - super hyped

Post#2 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:29 pm

welcome and don't roll a WE

Owondyah

Post#3 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:34 pm

ohh yea... whatever that WE is... I could use tips on whats needed and which faction to roll as I'd like to... ummmm... contribute to server balance as much as it's possible as a humble player ehh ;)

tazdingo

Post#4 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:38 pm

dw about pop balance it fluctuates and you're not gonna stick to your first class anyway

if you're brand most people will say pick a ranged class, which is a pretty safe option. if you wanna play melee knight and chosen are really tough out of the box and will allow a lot of mistakes whilst you learn the ropes

dansari

Post#5 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:40 pm

Just jump onto a side and play around with what you like. My first characters were destro, then I tried some order characters, and now my SW is my main but it was like the fourth or fifth character I created. Prepare to have fun and probably die a lot until you get the hang of how certain classes work. There's a playstyle for everyone, which is cool.
<Salt Factory>

Owondyah

Post#6 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:40 pm

I may be new to game, but If RoR has anything similar to some game out there I think I'll get a grip soon.... 16 years of gaming thought me some lessons. Not saying I'll be expert in a month, but I sure get to learn stuff fast.

Wondering if tanks, dps or healers are needed on any certain faction?

Btw, yea... I'm aware older mmos don't hold your hand and I'm not afraid of dying in leveling :) Actually I'm eager to taste it FINALY. Missed it... these new games man... /puke

tazdingo

Post#7 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:53 pm

ok well generally:

order - hordes of faceless rdps, very small number of really good mdps, small number of generally tanky tanks, good number of healers

destro - middling rdps (though, for both realms, all of the time, they are still the majority,) good number of mdps of wildly varying skill, hordes of either completely unreliable or absolutely godlike tanks. healers are an absolute crapshot

order is generally more pub friendly whilst destro generally tends to stick to its own guilds and premades

order generally outnumbers destro at the moment generally

order generally wins large battles generally with their ranged barrage whilst destro generally win smaller skirmishes thanks to their melee trains

so in general:

babby: order rdps
easy: destro rdps
medium: destro tank, healer
hard: order tank, order mdps
sadist: destro mdps

Just in general he asked i don't wanna start a thing with this

Owondyah

Post#8 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:02 pm

thanks man... you made me laugh and you answered it best way possible.

I'll take my time to figure out what "mode" i'll pick while game downloads ;)

Ads
ToXoS

Post#9 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Lol I just learned that I'm a sadist.
Anyway, if you have questions about the game classes, feel free to PM me on the forum, I'll try to guide you the best I can.
Welcome to the never-ending war.

peterthepan3

Post#10 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:07 pm

Welcome, what sort of pvp you looking to get involved in? What kinda archetypes do you like?