Recent Topics

Ads

Kharnamatic Gorfang->Badlands, Still Trolling

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kharnamatic

Kharnamatic Gorfang->Badlands, Still Trolling

Post#1 » Sun May 08, 2016 6:46 pm

Kharnamatic here. Warhammer Online was the best MMO I've ever played. I've tried many games since then to recapture that experience, but none have come close (World of Tanks has probably been closest, in terms of getting me excited about a game).

I had a lot of fun trolling the Warhammer forums and in game as well (damn should have remembered to save some of those posts). DPS ZEALOTS. Then again I was inspired by the best troll, Paul Barnett: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJOrSr6 ... gR&index=6 (btw he's making youtube videos for World of Tanks now, still as funny as before). But I like to think I was a decent Chosen + other classes as I branched out into alts as well.

I will never forget: spending hours running around with a guard mate, punting people into lava and off bridges, trolling with stagger and ccs, pushing at the front of keep battles and wiping groups 4x in number with correct timing of my tank m4.

Too bad I'm from New Zealand and the latency on the server is not ideal. I tried the private server soon after it launched, but the delay was too much.

I'd be very interested in connecting up on facebook with the people who I still remember and who still remember me. Bonds forged in glorious battle!!!!!!

I'm still an incorrigible troll (mostly trolling around with Trump stuff now. I have a Make America Great Again cap and shirt that I use to photo bomb. Plus Trump is the King of Trolls and his memes/reddit page are hilarious https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/). But somehow I'm also an Engineering PhD as well.

Ah, a few screenshots I managed to save from official WAR:

ME - Image
Last edited by Kharnamatic on Sun May 08, 2016 7:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ads
Kharnamatic

Re: Kharnamatic Gorfang->Badlands, Still Trolling

Post#2 » Sun May 08, 2016 6:48 pm

Oh and from my old farewell (official WAR) post. The people I will never forget.

Top destro/order:
Destro:
WE: yesss, sinnfeinn
Choppa: epicsynx, FODON, marbitt
Marauder: rezdogg (playing order), jacable (playing destro), karnus /puke lol but respec sav/brut and give it a go

Sorc: hexyy, redlite
Squig herder: THESQUIGGERER the one and only, who inspired me to roll a melee sh (never got to 40)
Magus: norgoth dude you can tank a whole party no sweat. erizoras

Zealot: bloodybird, forsseti
DoK: demonll, the dok from PROMETO forgot his name sadly
Shaman: skitx your dps pwns man, enigmo always there with a last minute heal, uncleho

Chosen: me!!! also lokkobastardo and ragingtides for being friendly
Blackguard: cytrah /cower /cower
Black orc: ogron, beardeater that guy won scs by himself making 6 order focus him while we wiped the rest

Order:
White lion: notklatt, KRZE!!!!!
Slayer: zhifu
Witch hunter: ventisca

Shadow warrior: shadowfast, stilesh. yeah ok arthem, you're a delusional arse but you can play
Bright wizard: rainofklatt
Engineer: nomizak #1 heal engy, khorg for dorf guild. engy dps? what dps?

Archmage: aragaki (dps AND heals)
Runepriest: klattpriest, njjal
Warrior priest: drunkenhealz

Ironbreaker: irv
KotBS: phec, tankbeardz the legend of badlands - now on gorfang
Swordmaster: bladespawn

Top player:
aragaki aka newwy

Kharnamatic

Post#3 » Sun May 08, 2016 6:49 pm

Honorable fails:

angrii, tempos, itastelike, fauxpaw = guaranteed sc fail

ekaslime you're ok at the game but you got a bad attitude man and you whine too much

ARTHEM YOU'RE NOT WINNING IF YOU'RE GETTING SPAWN CAMPED

Gorfang order, august 2011. The only order I've ever seen to get wiped AND thrashed en masse, irrespective of pug, premade, guild, alliance (outside obliteration which is not confirmed personally by me) by dps zealots

Kharnamatic

Post#4 » Sun May 08, 2016 6:52 pm

And if you remember my server forum trolling (sadly all lost when the forums closed), I'm still that person. One of the first posts I made on this forum - in response to the thread (
  • Best players of original WAR):

Please do not celebrate these "best players." It's because of these players and the fact that Warhammer had no effective matchmaking that WAR died. At the end of WAR's life, full premades of these players had the lakes and scenarios in full lockdown. Casuals that wanted to queue solo or pvp for fun weren't able to, as they would just end up getting roflstomped by geared and coordinated parties, discouraging them from logging in and eventually unsubbing.

Case in point: let's examine the last year of Badlands. At that time order was being completely dominated by a group of now legendary dps zealots. I am talking of the reign of forsseti, myndfreak, cyvik and others whose names now elude me since the bioware forums have been taken down. With their extraordinary aoe dps, aoe heal debuffs and ability to switch to heal mode at any point to be able to flex under pressure and be nigh unkillable, dps zealots were completely broken.

In rvr, guarded dps zealots with the odd magus to pull had a decisive advantage in lakes. The extreme aoe dps of these groups would kill any unguarded or solo rvrer in gcds. Fearful of dying, order's casual players had to stand back and many times you would see slayers just throwing axes from the backlines. Stripped of their pubbie support, while destro's pubbies were able to attack without fear, order had a massive numerical disadvantage and would always be camped at their spawn.

Dps zealots were even more ridiculous in scenarios. They had this destro-exclusive (runepriests didn't have it) ability that caused a continuous pbaoe knockback + virtually unhealable high aoe damage channel that (with tactics) applied an aoe heal debuff. With proper positioning, which destro's premades were consistently capable of, a two guarded dps zealot premade could set it up so that order that were punted by the first zealot's channel were punted into the second zealot's channel. Order was knocked back and forth between zealots, unable to cast heals, unable to fight back. All they could do was die - in droves. Scenarios were pathetic in the end. Order would often give up and remain in their spawn from the start (where they were safe from the zealot's pbaoe inside their guards), and eventually scenarios stopped popping as order gave up altogether.

Order could came up with no counter to the dps zealot comp. From pubbies to self-declared "top-tier" guilds, order players were stomped on, camped, destroyed, raped. Order either quit the game, like myrmidons a "top tier" guild that was shamefully showed up by dps healers and as a pro gaming team (they do the gw2 pro circuit now, look up ostricheggs, one of their players who won some competition) had to quit to save face, or switched to destro, in the case of such players as tankbeardz, arthem and liandel. The case of the player tankbeardz is especially galling. A kotbs and crucial member of a competitive order guild, who should have represented order and kept them in the fight, he grew tired of being farmed by dps zealots to play a magus by the name of riftbeardz. As a magus he became the buttboy for dps zealots, his sole job: rifting order into the aoe dps of the zealots for them to om nom on . What an ignoble thing to be remembered for! From intrepid solo tank and dependable guard to riftbot.

The only order player of any note was llondo, who like the also legendary xylophone before him, was a dps archmage. With the archmage's ap steal, the dps am was on the few comps that could shut down a zealot's channel and dps and swing the battle in order's favor. Still he was a drop in an ocean of bad. Unsubbing in despair at being so utterly dominated, the lakes become almost devoid of order, with almost constant aao in their favor. Now without anybody to fight, destro unsubbed in turn out of boredom. Seeing the population figures, EA made the only decision it could: it shut down the game.

And that is how Badlands died. With a dps zealot bang. In the end, chaos prevailed and the heralds of the apocalypse: the zealots forsseti, myndfreak, cyvik and co. Your like will never be forgotten.

Even though as a chosen player I glory in our victory, I am still sad WAR was closed because of dps zealots. The devs could have just nerfed them a bit and the game would still be running today. I have not found a game like Warhammer since. I have tried WoW and have no idea why people play it and pay for the devs to make no content for years. I now mainly play World of Tanks. I encourage everybody to try Elder Scrolls Online when it goes Buy To Play next month. I played it for a month and the game is solid, the sub (to keep up multiple subs big no no) was too much for me though.

Pixie126

Post#5 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:42 am

Well, I wouldn't try too hard to troll. They are very good at moderating , on the forums and in game. :)
Order only. Just High Elves.
Xramoth-Swordmaster (in live was Ramoth)
Caranath-White Lion (in live was Niniel)
Maldavie-Archmage (Same name in live)

Tankbeardz

Post#6 » Mon May 09, 2016 5:34 am

lol

Liandel

Post#7 » Mon May 09, 2016 11:30 am

Welcome back, Kharnamatic.

And how can we forget such gems as

Image ?

You always had my best interests at heart <3 Nice to see you again! ^_______^

~Liandel
RR40 WL of <Obliteration>
Liandel AKA Lednail. Chaos Wastes->Phoenix Throne->Gorfang->Badlands->Karak Azgal->Karak Norn->Badlands.
<Obliteration> , <Blitz> , <No Escape>, and <MymidonsX>

Kharnamatic

Post#8 » Mon May 09, 2016 10:06 pm

Pixie126 wrote:Well, I wouldn't try too hard to troll. They are very good at moderating , on the forums and in game. :)
Doubtful. Having fought alongside the person, I'm on very good terms with Llondo - one of the head honchos here.

Anyway I mainly troll for Trump now, the Warhammer President. MEME MAGIC

Ads
Tklees

Post#9 » Mon May 09, 2016 11:49 pm

This could get interesting quickly. Welcome back Kharn
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

nydig

Post#10 » Tue May 10, 2016 12:40 am

Since when did cyvik ever go dps zealot? Thats really all i took out of that was a big wait what?