Search found 445 matches

>
by Ramasee
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:49 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Unbalanced class numbers???
Replies: 35
Views: 4114

Re: Unbalanced class numbers???

Take WoW for example. Standard dungeons are designed for 1/1/3 group compositions. Even though dps makes up 60% of the group composition, they still have to wait 10-30min. In that game, most classes are capable of playing non-dps roles yet they do not. Put simply people prefer to kill things than pr...
by Ramasee
Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:26 pm
Forum: Chaos
Topic: Chosen are underperforming vs Kotbs in group play
Replies: 69
Views: 13077

Re: Chosen are underperforming vs Kotbs in group play

At the end of the day, Chosen do not compete with Knights for spots in group. This statement removes the foundational work for the majority the argument of this thread. Rather than focusing on how your "mirror" is better, you should focus on being competitive in group spot compositions; and then ma...
by Ramasee
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:11 pm
Forum: Chaos
Topic: Chosen are underperforming vs Kotbs in group play
Replies: 69
Views: 13077

Re: Chosen are underperforming vs Kotbs in group play

At the end of the day, Chosen do not compete with Knights for spots in group. This statement removes the foundational work for the majority the argument of this thread. Rather than focusing on how your "mirror" is better, you should focus on being competitive in group spot compositions; and then mak...
by Ramasee
Fri May 24, 2019 11:20 am
Forum: Proposals
Topic: Dispel Disparity
Replies: 0
Views: 560

Dispel Disparity

There are three types of dispellable debuffs: Ailment, Hex, and Curse. Every class currently only uses one type of debuff for all of their effects. On order, there are four careers for each debuff type. On destruction there are 5 ailment careers, three hex careers, and four curse careers. This creat...
by Ramasee
Fri May 17, 2019 10:34 am
Forum: Discussions
Topic: [Dev] White Lion proposal
Replies: 147
Views: 24140

Re: [Dev] White Lion proposal

A quick question for Wargrimnir, Do you have any metrics on the current level of burst damage between comparably geared melee dps? There are often complaints that WL has too much burst but when it comes down to hard numbers from a sample rotation there really is nothing to be found, and unless if y...
by Ramasee
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:37 pm
Forum: Chaos
Topic: [Marauder] About Piercing bite and Scything talons tactics
Replies: 12
Views: 2431

Re: [Marauder] About Piercing bite and Scything talons tactics

If you cannot cast the ability while under the effect of no mutation, piercing bite does not work on any aspect of the ability.
by Ramasee
Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:31 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: wrong stats on ui?
Replies: 4
Views: 777

Re: wrong stats on ui?

The defense tab of the statdoll has ALWAYS been a lie, even on live. The defense tab statdoll uses 350 (@r40) enemy primary stats (str/bal/int) in its calculations for parry, dodge, disrupt. (Unless RoR has changed this, also uses Mythic's avoidance formula) It also assumes your opponent has zero we...
by Ramasee
Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:09 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Block/parry
Replies: 15
Views: 2488

Re: Block/parry

Source? Most of this can be collected through conversations devs have had over the years here on the forums. I never saved the forum threads, but I did keep the information. In addition, most of this is exactly as it was on live, with a few exceptions. Then you can take it into the game and verify i...
by Ramasee
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:09 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Block/parry
Replies: 15
Views: 2488

Re: Block/parry

Block is checked first, parry/dodge/disrupt is checked second. In general this only matters if you have an ability that is triggered by ONLY block or ONLY parry/dodge/disrupt. So in your above example you have a 30% chance to block, 70% chance to not block. Now 70% of the time you do not block, you ...